What We Do

Number22 speech bubble logo


Is your family experiencing difficulties?
Are you in care?

You can ask for support from an independent person who listens and supports children in need, children who may have a child protection plan, children who are in care, children leaving care or who have been in the care of Windsor and Maidenhead. This person is called an Advocate. Parents of children involved in the child protection process can also be supported by an advocate if requested by the child’s social worker.

An advocate is not a social worker and is independent of social services. They are trained individuals who are able to offer support, predominantly with attending meetings. They will meet with you and together you will decide the best way they can support you. The service is confidential, unless you say something that means you or someone else is at risk of harm.

  • Any young person looked after by Achieving for Children Social Services who:

    • Has been placed away from home and lives in foster care, a children’s home, a residential unit, supported lodgings or secure care
    • Has moved on from care
    • Is leaving care
    • Is classed as a child in need
    • Has a child protection plan

    The advocate will only be involved with a young person’s permission.

    • Listen to and help sort out problems and complaints young people may have
    • Help young people represent their views at meetings such as Child Protection conferences or reviews for children in care.
    • Support young people to have a say in decisions that affect them.
  • Speak to your social worker, they have the number of the advocacy service and will ask an advocate to get in touch. The advocate will arrange a meeting as soon as possible at a time that works for you.

    If you are a child in care, you can refer yourself to the service by emailing: [email protected]

    Or you can call 0300 102 2022

If you are a child in care, you can refer yourself to the service by emailing: [email protected]

Young Person’s Evaluation of Advocacy Service

Parent’s Evaluation of Advocacy Service

Social Worker’s Evaluation of the Advocacy Service